I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve spent a considerable amount of time studying any and all live footage I can find of my beloved Benjamin, and in doing so I have picked up on some adorable little things he does that increase my love for him exponentially.
Of course I am enchanted by his beautiful smile, and the way his long, slender fingers move over the neck of his bass, and the sexy posture he assumes on stage, and by a myriad of other details about his perfection. This post isn’t as much about those obvious, given traits as it is about the subtle layers of who Benjamin is that come out in understated ways. Can’t call them ‘quirks’ exactly, and some of them are not really unique to him or even particularly unusual. They are just habits or patterns he has, or little changes he makes to his ‘norm’ that make me crazy when I notice them.
Because I have a freaky list-keeper personality, I’m going to catalog these endearing mannerisms that have caught my eye (in no particular order), and will probably add to this list as I continue to discover more about my precious Benj. Just can’t help myself.
- The pout-and-blink combination.
- Playing without a pick.
- Chewing gum in concert and during music videos.
- Hiding cigarettes in photos.
- Looking to his left during his song performances.
- Matchy-matchy outfits with other band members.
- Tucking his sunglasses into his clothing.
- Giving a rock-n-roll kick.
- When he does that bad-ass move with his bass.
- His signature “yeah.”
- Tucking his legs up when he’s sitting down.
- Wearing his watch so that the face is on the inside of his wrist.
- Holding down the fort with his pinkie on that bottom string.
- Aggressively adjusting his guitar strap.
- Storing his pick IN his mouth, not just between his teeth (thanks, Vanessa!)
- When I catch a glimpse of that 5 o’clock shadow.
Some of these I know I am going to cover elaborately in separate posts because I have so much more gushing to get out of my system. You’ve been warned! LOL