“Twenty eighteen… probably the most exciting year we’ve had as fans since Move Like This came out.” ~ Mr. Steel Wool
Another year gone… can you believe it? And this one has been a doozy! Dave and Donna are joined by dear friends of the show Kurt and Jenny as they revisit all of the amazing happenings in the Fanorama over the last 12 months.
Before they dive in, they quickly recap the latest news in The Cars world: the song “Let’s Go” shows up in the new Transformers movie Bumblebee, a guitar signed by the 2018 RRHOF inductees is up for bid, and Dave reads a sexy letter from Alberto Vargas congratulating Donna on her recently published Atlanta burger article.
From there they start to work through the 2018 calendar. The list of incredible milestones is long and luscious.
- The thrill of The Cars’ induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- The next installment of the expanded editions
- Chris Morris rocks the Fanorama with his incredible illustrations
- Reliving the glory of having Greg Hawkes on the podcast
- Ric Ocasek’s recent artistic activities
- Turbocharge comes to life… sort of…
- New audio files that surfaced from Cap’n Swing, The Grasshoppers, and Richard and the Rabbits
- Ben’s biography gets published
… And so much more!
Before they close out they attempt to answer the pressing questions: Anything new for 2019? Is there anything left? What can we expect?
You’re going to want to be sure to stay through to the end. This fun episode wraps up with a new recording of “the business” by vocal talent Elizabeth, followed by a Christmas song by our faithful and talented friend Brett Basil, who gives us his take on what it might have sounded like if The Cars ever did a Christmas song.
Now don’t forget… We want to connect with you! Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @TheCarsPodcast (individually we’re @night_spots and @sweetpurplejune ), and subscribe to our audio outlets! You can listen by clicking the Youtube link below, or visit us on iTunes or Soundcloud. Wherever you connect, be sure to subscribe, share and comment. Let us know your thoughts — email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
Click below to join us in celebrating The Year of The Cars!