2018 promises to be an exciting year for The Cars and for the Fanorama! Dave and Donna touch on some of the cool things known to be on the horizon (RRHOF, expanded issues), and speculate about other realistic prospects (new music, a tour?). Dave introduces a new segment called “You’re A Flick Fandango Phony,” and is (thankfully) relieved of having to make stuff up for The Midnight Scroll. BUT in the middle of all of that… things turn serious!
Donna helps Dave go into ‘trivia training’ in anticipation of a possible face-off with Stephen Colbert. Up for grabs? Ric Ocasek’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame award! Okay… well, technically it might not be on the table… Ric did promise to give it to Stephen Colbert if he ever received one… and if he does pass it on, will Stephen put it on the line? I guess we’ll see if Mr. Colbert is man enough to accept the challenge!
Dave is put through his paces with a 50 question quiz all about the band. The hilarious fallout from the exercise includes an unexpected cameo appearance from Alberto Vargas, some alternate ideas for Benjamin’s solo album, The Lace, and a shaky confirmation of how many fingers Elliot Easton-Steinberg-Shapiro REALLY has. A few frustrations with the test seem to jangle up the results a little… Stay tuned for Dave and Donna’s own Cars’ Trivia quiz down the road.
Some important links to have handy:
- Send Stephen Colbert a tweet and let him know that he needs to get in the ring!
- Want to try the Cars trivia quiz for yourself? Click here to take it, and then share your score with us! Comment on the youtube vid (link below) OR…
- Find us on Facebook! Join the Night Thoughts Podcast group.
- Subscribe to our youtube channel and never miss a show. You can take a listen to the older shows, too (back when Donna was a nicer co-host).
- Send us an email! It’s always such a treat to hear feedback, get new ideas, and answer questions from other Cars fans. Contact the pod at email@example.com.
- If you missed getting cool and unique Cars merch for Christmas, it’s not too late! Treat yourself to some goodies at Tee Public!
- Jump on that Twitter train! Follow Dave here, follow Donna here, and heck, you might as well follow Roy Thomas Baker while you’re at it — he’s the man!
This show ends up being our longest episode to date, clocking in at just over two hours. Grab your headphones and listen to it while you do your chores… that’s what I did. Enjoy!